Thursday, March 28, 2013

Book Week: Part 4 - Words From Friends

Today we hear from our good friend Eike from Germany. When he heard we were doing Book Week he not only sent titles, he sent pictures! There's a couple duplicates of other titles you'll see mentioned this week. It's interesting to see what titles we've all read and which ones I haven't gotten to yet. 

Where to begin. There's the always educational The Daily Adventures of Mixerman. I was aware of his postings online but didn't realize he had a book out. Mixing With Your Mind which we'll get to tomorrow. Mastering Audio by Bob Katz which is considered by many to be the definitive title on the subject by many. (Surprised there aren't any Bobby O titles in there Eike. I know what should be on your Summer reading list this year). I'm also interested to see the Remixer's Bible in there. I'm not up on the practice but I'm going to look into it.

But that's not even all of them. I just got an email with a few titles he left out. Like Live Audio - The Art of Mixing A Show, The Live Sound Manual, and he mentioned Zen And the Art of Mixing as well. Looks like I spoke too soon, there's The Mixing Engineer's Handbook by Bobby O down toward the bottom.

It's a far too extensive library to talk about them all. I think the best thing might be to just link to as many as I can find on Amazon and let you poke around for yourself. I wonder how many of these are available in a digital format? Nothing like having some quality reading material on hand when you're stuck on a corporate gig. Have some links Brethren of the Knob and Fader. Many thanks to Brother Eike for sharing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're the Scotty to our Kirk