Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What's In Your Pocket?

This question gets brought up on the forums now and again and I thought it would be fun to put it to our readers. A good sound guy (or girl) should always be prepared. Kind of like the Boy Scouts but with less emphasis on camping. Some people have a different list for day to day and what they carry on gigs. Mine is the same all the time because I hate to be without my stuff and I'm pretty much always on duty. So here's my list and let us know what yours is in the comment section.

  • Leatherman Tool & Bit Set
  • AAA LED Flashlight
  • Sharpie (I would sooner lend you a console than my Sharpie)
  • iPhone & iPod Touch (One for business and one for pleasure)
  • Keys on a carabiner
  • Wallet (Cards, sewing kit, band-aids, emergency cash)
  • Bud Earphones
  • Flash Drive (or two)
  • Field Notes pocket note book (because sometimes you just need paper)
  • Pen
  • Tiny Swiss Army Knife
  • Lighter (Because even if you don't smoke, fire is a useful tool)
Another time we'll get into what's in your go-box. You know, that tool box, brief case or back pack that has everything in it that MacGuyver would need to build an atom bomb. For now Brethren of the Knob and Fader, let's hear what you're packin' on your person, every day and in the trenches.

3 comments:

  1. Since I have a different day job, my list would be pretty confusing :) When tool box / briefcase time comes around, I'll chip in for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know. I've been quite envious of the contents of the pockets of elevator repairmen and alarm system guys.

      Delete
  2. A Fluke pocket voltage tester, Gerber multi-tool, led flashlight, lock back knife, and most important of all, my reading glasses!

    ReplyDelete

You're the Scotty to our Kirk