Saturday, August 11, 2012

Tape Anyone?

I picked up a cool trick on a forum this week. It's a simple way to keep some tape on hand in case of emergencies. Just take an old gift card and wrap four or five feet of gaff tape around it. Even using two inch gaff there should be room for a few wraps of electrical tape. You can vary the thickness by how much you put on there. If you just put a couple feet of each on there you could keep it thin enough to fit in your wallet.

Going a step further than that I'll tack on an idea I had a while ago. I was in a wedding party and popped a button off my tux. Now a sound guy should always be prepared but this was the one time that I was miles from my MacGuyver box. We were able to stop at a store and pick up a kit but it got me to thinking. What if I could fit a sewing kit in my wallet?

I printed out a pattern on card stock that allows for the carrying of five colors of thread, two needles, two safety pins and a couple of buttons. All with a cover that keeps the thread clean and the needles out of your credit cards. Here's a link to instructables.com where you can see a pic and download the template.

Got any cool tricks you'd like to share with the Brethren of the Knob and Fader? Hit us up in the comments section, on Facebook or Twitter, or track us down on email. We're all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're the Scotty to our Kirk